UCoustic 9210 Active
Available in 12U, 24U, 42U Models
This range of quiet rack cabinets will reduce equipment noise to a level below that of background noise in an average office without talking, whilst providing a thermal load capacity of up to 7.2 kW (equivalent to 37 single processor servers and peripherals).
Being thermostatically controlled, the rear fan blowers maintain sufficient airflow throughout the rack cabinet, providing the required level of thermal dissipation, whilst optimising the level of 'ambient' background noise the cabinet itself generates and minimising power expenditure.
Also, the spacious internal dimensions provide ample room for orderly cable routing throughout the 9210 cabinet, with varied cable entry options to the bottom of the enclosure.
The inclusion of a washable dust-filter, promoting extended equipment life-span and reduced maintenance costs, is optional throughout the 9210 range.
Very impressed with the product! Wow, it really works, I was so amazed. When the doors are open I cannot have a conversation with a client, however when I shut the doors I can barely here the spindles. Fantastic product, thanks for taking such great care of me.
All the best,
Global Director, Cloud CTS
HGST ~ A Western Digital Company
• No need for dedicated closet or separate space
• No Architect or Engineering fees
• No special cooling requirements (except ambient a/c in room)
• Take it with you - completely portable - move it wherever
• Quiet rack cabinets are far more energy efficient than dedicated server rooms.
• Many organizations are working to achieve environmental goals in an age of ecological enlightenment.
Noise Control - Why Do You Need It?
• A 5-decibel reduction can cut the risk of hearing loss in half.
• Productivity of employees. Prolonged exposure to loud environments creates stress and can lead to accidents.
• Insurance companies are applying pressure to corporations due to hearing loss claims filed under workman's comp laws.
• Government regulations enforced by OSHA, State and local laws.
How loud is it?
• Human Whisper – 40 dBA
• Background noise in an average office, without talking- 50 dBA
• Background noise in a busy office, without talking- 55 dBA
• Normal conversation speech – 60 dBA
• Typical noise from portable air conditioners – 55 dBA
• Typical noise from 2 x low form factor servers – 62 dBA
• Typical noise from 4 x low form factor servers – 65 dBA
• Typical noise from 8x low form factor servers- 68 dBA
For more information call 1.800.686.5312
Ships fully assembled, start racking!